Adsense

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Picking Up A Travel Book For Canada


Was in MPH bookstore MidValley yesterday (Sat) and so I took the opportunity to go through some of the travel books on Canada and particularly for Maritime provinces - Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island (PEI) and Newfoundland and Labrador.

Of all the publishers, like Lonely Planet, Fodor, Michellin, DK, and Frommer's, I found Fodor's to be the one I like best. It gives a good overview of the place you are going to visit, plus offers tips and advice worth to remember. It also gives you tips as to how to about your way around the various towns using whatever mode of public transportation, from cabbies to busses and ferries. It list the price down and which bus number for which location. It also gives you an idea of how long it takes to get to one destinate using either foot or by bus etc. It is really quite a guide.

All in all, based on my quite scan, a better companion compared to the likes of heavy weight, Lonely Planet. If you're looking for a travel guide book, I totally recommend Fodor's. Infact, I'm going to purchase it very soon. It would be particularly useful for both me and my wife for our 4 years stint in Nova Scotia.

Cheers...

No comments:

Post a Comment